12/30/07

A Blogging Year in Review

I started this blog in July of 2005 but this year is when I've actually gotten very interested in it and posted regularly. The blog has a total of 210 entries and this year I wrote 128 of them and received 132 comments. The comments are the best part of writing a blog. Another good thing about writing a blog is that you can go back and know what you were thinking or doing at any point in time. So now that we are starting a new year and every TV show and news channel is doing a recap of 2007, I decided to do the same. And just like those recap shows where they rehash old material, follow the links to my old posts if you care enough. I am always hard on myself for not getting anything done with my life or not making enough art, but after re-reading all my blog posts this year I feel better. So what did I do in 2007?



Here is a list of my most popular posts according to the comments I received:


6. Yesterday Methadventures


5. The case of the Stolen Hearse


4. Kandinsky Sunday - Reporting on Mystery Man


3. Adventures in Online Dating


2. Do I get a thumbs up after this?


1. The End


In my first post of 2007 I posted a new year's wish someone had sent me. It said:


May your 2007 be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in 2007, you surprise yourself.
Thanks to whomever sent me that wish. I did all that except for the book part. The year isn't over yet...

4 comments:

Mary Thorsby said...

Rock on, Aynex! I've loved keeping up with you on your blog, video blog and, best of all, in person! Can't wait for more in 2008! xoxooxmt

William F. Renzulli said...

What do you mean you you haven't found a fine book!? And you failed to mention that you learned to eat PASTA!

Oh well, I still love you.

timerulesmylife said...

Best wishes to you in the coming year. I know that your list of accomplishments for the coming year will be even longer than the one for this one, simply because you are who you are.

Patience-please said...

Blog on, you gifted, talented, amazingly creative person. Blog on.

Patience