I started this blog in July of 2005 but this year is when I've actually gotten very interested in it and posted regularly. The blog has a total of 210 entries and this year I wrote 128 of them and received 132 comments. The comments are the best part of writing a blog. Another good thing about writing a blog is that you can go back and know what you were thinking or doing at any point in time. So now that we are starting a new year and every TV show and news channel is doing a recap of 2007, I decided to do the same. And just like those recap shows where they rehash old material, follow the links to my old posts if you care enough. I am always hard on myself for not getting anything done with my life or not making enough art, but after re-reading all my blog posts this year I feel better. So what did I do in 2007?
- I redesigned my website aynex.com
- I was attacked by a dog.
- I made 16 quilts and 1 sculpture. Sold 10.
- I had the best birthday party ever that people still talk about.
- I made a silent film that got me started making videos.
- One of my quilts won a blue ribbon.
- iListPaducah started with me in the iLove It! section and later iDate which by the way won 3rd place in the Best of 2007 awards.
- Western Baptist Hospital commissioned me to make 8 quilts for the new Heart Center.
- I organized the Quilt Walk for the third time which is a national juried quilt exhibit.
- I started Down in Lowertown, a Lowertown Video Blog and made 25 videos.
- My silent film was in the River's Edge Film Festival.
- I was the T-Shirt Diva at the Lowertown Art & Music Festival.
- I got Kandisnky, the blogging cat
- I took online classes on Photoshop and Flash
- I was suspected to be the Rubber Duckie Bandit.
- I took a quilting class with Katie Pasquini Masopoust and made this quilt.
- I started working part-time at the Lowertown Information Center.
- I visited my family in Maryland.
- I tried Altered Clothing, Screenprinting and Digital Collage.
- I tried to toilet train my cat.
- I was involved in an almost-drug bust
- I started and ended "the online dating thing".
- I was interviewed for the Boston Globe.
- My hard drive died.
- I went to 3 Thanksgiving and 3 Christmas dinners.
- I made a new friend.
- I planned a funeral and the hearse was believed to be stolen.
- I interviewed William Sledd.
Here is a list of my most popular posts according to the comments I received:
1. The End
In my first post of 2007 I posted a new year's wish someone had sent me. It said:
May your 2007 be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in 2007, you surprise yourself.Thanks to whomever sent me that wish. I did all that except for the book part. The year isn't over yet...