11/15/07

Where in the world is Aynex?

If you have been wondering why I haven't posted anything in days, and I know you have been wondering, it is because my computer crashed exactly a year and a month after I bought it with a warranty for a year. So that meant that I lost all my documents, I have $238 less in the sorry excuse for a bank account I have and I didn't had a computer for a week. Yes that is right, Aynex with no computer for a whole week. So what did I learned from this experience? 1. I spend way too much time on the computer 2. Back up my documents 3. Save money 4. Have things to do that do not involve the computer.

A few days ago, I sold my TV. I wasn't watching it that much and it was taking up space. I have a very small apartment. I needed the space more than the TV. Priorities. And everything I wanted to watch on TV I could watch on the computer. Well, that plan doesn't work that well when you don't have a computer. So what did I do without a computer or TV, you ask? I spent a lot of time at Nikki's Internet Cafe. They offer free coffee, free Internet, are open until late at night but the service sucks and two annoying stinky dogs bark and jump on you.

I wrote things on paper. I almost forgot what that feels like. Never doing it again. That is so last year! You cannot move sentences around if you forget something. There is no Delete or Undo button. There isn't a wiggily red line that magically appears every time you misspelled a word. My fingers hurt from holding the pen. I'm out of writing shape.

I spent a lot of time on the phone actually talking to people instead of sending emails. I read books, sorta. I made a set of alphabet blocks. I have no idea where that came from or what I am going to do with them but they look good. I didn't plan this but this is what they spell.


Nikki is more sinister and here is what she spelled.


And finally, I after a 3 month hiatus, I started quilting again. I'm making a 3d quilt, a quilted sculpture, a soft sculpture, whatever you want to call it. Someday, when it is part of a museum collection, don't tell anyone that there is a cat scratching post inside.

No comments: