2/3/10

I have met someone...


About a month and a half ago, a guy bullied me into talking. At first I thought to myself "Fine, I'll talk to you just so you would just shut up!" But slowly, no, I should say quickly, our conversations started to be more frequent and longer and I found myself looking forward to talking to him. Fast forward to today. There has been probably two or three days total that we haven't spoken to each other. Not counting random texts and emails.

So I guess that after two years of nothing I find myself in a relationship again. Somehow this one feels different. Maybe more grown-up. We both realize that neither of us is perfect. I am looking past his shortcomings. He is looking past mine. We both know this is not going to be easy (especially since he lives three hours away). But we both know (at least I think he does) that somewhere in between all the weaknesses there is something more important, something of value that is not easy to find just anywhere. So we embark on this journey together with worry and excitement and hesitation and obsession. We'll see where it takes us...

Someone once told me that I always see the bad and for that reason, I can't enjoy what is good in my life. I think the person may have been right. This time, I'm not making that mistake. I am enjoying my time with Jake and I'm happy that he harassed me into talking to him.

No comments: