7/24/05

Teaching kids

I don't like kids. This past week I did something completely out of character. I taught a class for 8 and 9 year-olds.



The kids were great. They listened to me, were creative, and didn't go too crazy. I had a project for them that was supposed to take the four days to complete. They did 3/4 of the work on one day! The rest of the time I was trying to figure out more and more things for them to do, like we would say in Puerto Rico "de la manga". I went veeeerrryyy slow, showed them pictures, asked them questions, and still I could only managed to fill three days. The owner of the school asked me if I wanted her to finish the other two days. Duh! I was so relieved. Overall the experience was good. The kids learned a lot, The moms were happy, and I learned that when teaching kids always have a ton of things for them to do. I don't know if I'll do it again though.

1 comment:

Aynex Mercado said...

You are right, Nina!