12/22/08

Oh! Christmas Tree

Every year my Mom goes a little Christmas crazy. The house is all decorated, even the bathroom and the top of the kitchen cabinets. The decoration dance culminates in the Christmas tree. Almost every year she changes the theme of the tree. This year's theme is ballerinas. All year long she looks everywhere for decorations to go with her theme.

This was my contribution to the tree. I made little ballerina dresses.

Aside from my Mom, the ones that enjoy the tree the most are the cats.


That birdy looks yummy...
Changing the theme of the Christmas tree has been a tradition in my family ever since I can remember and one of the fondest memories I have. Every year we, as a family, would decide on a theme then come up with ideas of things we could use to decorate the tree. There were not plain old boring decorations either. Once we had a carnival theme and we had masks, feathers and little alcohol bottles like they give in airplanes. Another year we had a Japanese tree with Geishas and little paper umbrellas.

I don't know how she was able to support two girls in private school on a secretary salary and we never missed out on anything. That included a beautiful Christmas that we paid $80 for (remember is Puerto Rico) with new decorations every year. Thanks for the memories, Mom.

2 comments:

Patience-please said...

Merry Christmas! We love you and we miss you!

love-
P adn the whippets, too

madre-terra said...

What a creative and great idea!
I just love the outfits that you made.
Happy Merry!