11/23/08

Trompe l'oeil

Yesterday I had to do a trompe l'oeil for my drawing class. I was dreading doing it because the point of trompe l'oeil is to make something look as real as possible and my drawing skills are not there yet. Plus I had to do it in justpencil and how can you make something look real when you are just using pencil?

After all the agonizing it turned out better than I thought. I'm happy with my drawing but I
wouldn't call it a trompe l'oeil. Here is what I was drawing:

And here is my drawing:

6 comments:

gatofish said...

WOW! That looks SO good. The shadowing is excellent, especially the thread's and the long stretched out leaf tips'.

It's definitely an "A".

Aynex Mercado said...

Thanks! Hopefully the professor will feel the same way.

Patience-please said...

It really is amazingly good.

Oh and the whippets want the C.A.T. to know that TODAY is Sunday.

Aynex Mercado said...

The C.A.T, is so embarassed...

Anonymous said...

Oh that's beautiful!
Happy Thanksgiving!
D & M in P-town.

madre-terra said...

I think that your pencil drawing is pretty amazing!
You're drawing skills are there girl.