I'm babysitting for a few days. Sunday at 6pm my niece tells me
Tarina - Oh I have to do something for school Can you help me?
Me - Sure. What do you need?
Tarina - Oh not much. Just take a few pictures.
Me - Ok.
What I didn't know was that she had to bake pastries, take pictures, print pictures and do a whole presentation for tomorrow. Anyway, she did it. There is nothing like a deadline. Here is the recipe:
1 package of pastry sheets
14 oz. of guava paste
Optional: Powder sugar
1. Cut apart pastry sheets
2. Let sheets thaw for 40 minutes
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
4. Cut thawed out pastry sheets into 1” wide strips long ways
5. Cut these pastry strips into 1” by 1 ½” rectangles
6. On a separate board, cut the guava paste into strips 1/8” thick
7. Cut the guava strips in half long ways
8. Cut these new strips into fourths short ways
9. Place the paste in between two rectangle of pastry dough
10. Pinch down the edges of this little sandwich
11. Once finished, place the raw pastries onto the cookie sheets
12. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
13. Let pastries cool for 5 minutes
14. [OPTIONAL] Once pastries have cooled, sprinkle a generous amount of powder sugar onto them with a sifter.