5/9/08

Tonight all roads lead to...


...Aspire Arts Gallery where my exhibit opening reception/goodbye party is. The address is 611 North 6th Street. We hung the show yesterday and it looks really good. It is amazing how much better your quilts look on a gallery wall. The reception is from 6-8 pm. I'm getting a makeover this afternoon and I made this shirt.

I wanted to quilt it so it needed a little puffiness inside. I didn't wanted it too puffy. I don't need to add any more inches to my body. I used this very thin flannel inside to give it that puffiness. It looks great but it is FLANNEL! What was I thinking? It is hot! The weather forecast says it is going to be in the 60's. I'm bringing two shirt tonight. If I start sweating I'll change shirts. I got to say a flannel shirt never looked this good!

I hope to see you all tonight. If you can't make it the exhibit will be up until June 6th. The gallery owners had a death in the family and they will have to close the gallery for some days after the opening so give them a call before coming to make a sure they are open 270-575-3349.

1 comment:

Patience-please said...

Oh, the pain in my heart. Missing the opening was like not having a dog to greet you when you come home. (And Jake's horse was third, but that was still good in such tough competition.) Your blouse is GORGEOUS!!! Maybe I can see the show tomorrow.