2/7/08

Letter-A-Day: F

What do you get when you wash a dry clean only wool sweater in a regular washer and dryer? You get felt. I mean the type of fabric composed of fibers matted together by heat, moisture, and great pressure. I don't mean the past tense of the verb feel.

I have a few wool sweaters that when they get dirty I think "Oh, what is the harm in washing them in my washing machine. Who has time, money and a car to take them to the dry cleaners if when they come out I'm going to have some lovely felt that I can refashion into something else?" So that is what I did yesterday. I made a felted handbag.

4 comments:

Nikki D. May said...

cute cute cute! no doubt about it!

Anonymous said...

Yours came out so much better than mine. Caryl B. said to use washing soap, not detergent. What did you use and how many times did you wash it? I want to learn at the feet of the masters...
Deb

Aynex Mercado said...

I'm not a master. I just washed it with regular detergent who knows how many times. That was very helpful, wasn't it?

Patience-please said...

Did Nikki get possessed?

I love your purse though.. It is cute, cute, cute. And I'm relieved. I was concerned about the letter F day.

Patience