7/5/06

Independance Day

Yesterday was the famous Fourth of July. This is what I did. I volunteered at the quilt museum in the morning. Went to lunch at McDonald's with Judy, the museum curator, did some work on a dress I'm making, read a book, took a nap, went to a cookout (that was mostly a cookin because it was raining), went down to the river to see the fireworks. I took a lot of pictures of the fireworks but none of them came out. I also took some video but the camera was upside down so it looks like the fireworks are falling down from the sky. Pretty funny.


This house is a block away from my house. It is one of the most beautiful houses in LowerTown. Yesterday they had this huge American flag hanging and I took a photo before going to see the fireworks so it was pretty dark out. Doesn't this picture looks like it is from the Civil War era (ignoring the electricity cables)?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting subject for an almost black and white quilt!

Aynex Mercado said...

hmmm...