11/8/05

October Trip

Rob and I went on vacation during the last two weeks in October. We spent almost a week in a Disney resort in Vero Beach, FL.


It was very fun to spend the week with the Cooks and a little crazy at times with four kids under five. We spend time in the beach and the pool and played some Cribbage. Rob spend all week amazed at the lizards which seemed funny to me because in Puerto Rico we view them as pests that are everywhere.



I had my first martini in Florida and they didn't even asked for ID!


We went to Cirque de Solieil in Orlando which is Rob's version of Hell. We also went to the Kennedy Space Center with Nina and Craig (Rob's parents) and saw some rockets and shuttles and things like that.


We also went to Merritt Island and saw a bunch of animals in their natural habitat.



Our original plan was to go to Florida then drive to New Orleans and go to Houston to see the International Quilt Show and visit my uncle. Then Katrina came and there wasn't a New Orleans to go to anymore. Then Rita was coming and it looked like it was going to Houston and I said "The next hurricane is going to go to Florida". I should have kept my mouth shut because it did and and went right thru Vero Beach. We left Sunday and Wilma came on Monday.

We flew from Orlando to Houston.
In Houston I spent some time with my aunt and uncle that I haven't seen in over a year.


We did some artsy stuff like going to galleries, ate a lot of good food and went to a hockey game and a hunted house.


I spent a lot of time in the International Quilt Show which is the biggest and most important quilt show in the country. I had a quilt exhibited there which was very exciting.


There were about 2,000 quilts in exhibition and the size was about eleven football fields!
Well, that was our trip. Hope I didn't bore everyone too much.

No comments: