11/16/05

Martini Opening

The opening of the Magic Martini exhibit was really fun. There was a lot of people. I think over a hundred. We sold a few pieces and people are coming back because the opening was so crowded that they couldn't look at the art. We had regular martinis, cosmopolitans, rasberry, appletinis and tons of food. Here are some pictures. I started taking the pictures late. Pictures do not come out so great after working for two days straight setting up and 3 martinis.



Here are some people mingling. The woman in the middle is Cricket (yes, that's her real name), the daughter of Freda, my landlady. Don't ask me what she does for a living. In the background you can see my quilts.


The crazy lady with the open mouth is Lorrie, my gallery partner. She is selling the house where the gallery is to build a smaller house in the neighborhood. So after Christmas I won't have a gallery until I can open in my house. Don't ask me when that's going to be either, ask Rob.



This is a martini glass I made of fabric and interfacing. There is a fabric olive inside and the liquid is made of seed beads and tulle.


This are some of the paintings Lorrie did fo the show. Sometime soon, I'll take some pictures of the other work in the show and post them here.

1 comment:

Aynex Mercado said...

Lorrie came up with the idea. She has been painting martinis for many years.