8/7/05

My last two quilts

I just finished two quilts. The first one is called Urbana. It looks like a city skyline and my sister is moving from Vermont to a town called Urbana in Maryland and the name is floting in my head.
I haven't seen it and it is probably not a city but after living in Vermont everything is going to look like a big city. The LowerTown artist are having an exhibit at the Yeiser Art Center in downtown Paducah. I had to get some work there by August 5th. On July 24 I decided that I wanted to make a new quilt for this exhibit. I made this quilt in 10 days, a new record for me.

The next quilt I finished is called Julie. Julie Shaw, a jewlery designer that has a gallery in LowerTown, asked me if I could use the beads that she couldn't use. I said yes and she gave a bag full of beautiful real gemstone beads. I made this quilt that I started on my way to New England this summer. I worked on it a little at a time every night watchiing TV with Rob and finally finished a few days ago.

No comments: