12/22/10

Not Your Typical Wedding...

On December 19th my Dad got married in Puerto Rico. It was a very special experience to share with my Dad and his new wife Yadira.

It was also fun and not your typical wedding. I guess that when you are over fifty, the wedding rules do not apply. It was clear that it wasn't going to be your typical wedding when the whole wedding party and guests met on the side of the road in Carolina.


After everyone arrived, we all left together to where the wedding was going to take place in Loiza. My Dad is in a motorcycle club and there were about 20 or 30 motorcycles and about 10-20 cars. We all drove in a row following them to the wedding. It was easy to spot them in the crowd because they were sitting on a black convertible.


In such a long line of cars and motorcycles we were bound to run into red lights that would break the group. But I guess the motorcyclists have done this before. Whenever there was a red light, they would stand on the way of incoming traffic to block them and let the wedding guests continue with the group.


It was crazy but it was fun. I was waiting for the cops to arrive and arrest us all. I wonder what the outsiders thought. The probably thought it was a big celebrity driving by. Finally we arrived at the the venue. The place was gorgeous right on the beach. I walked in with my Dad. She walked in with her two sons.





After a short and sweet ceremony, the party began.




It was good to spend time with my aunt and uncle who I haven't seen in a while.



During the toast, her mom said a few words, their friends said a lot of words and I tried to say a few words. I don't know if they heard any thru my sobs. I'm very happy to see my Dad in a group of people that care a lot for him and a new wife that I know will be there thru thick and thin.

Yadira, welcome to the family.

No comments: