4/14/08

Mi familia

Today I got pictures of my grandfather's 90th birthday party and they made me homesick and wishing I had been there. Here are my grandparents, Joaquin Martinez Russett and Xenia Stevenson.

For those of you who don't know, my name is her name backwards. They added a "Y" to make it more interesting. Love my name. It has always been a good conversation starter. Thanks, abuela! Here are my Mom, Tio Avelino a.k.a. Tio Budweiser and my aunt Geneva with my grandfather.

We call him Tio Budweiser because when my niece Tarina was a baby of about 3 years old if you asked her what was his name, she would say "Tio Budweiser". I guess she heard him taking about Budweisers often. Here are all my cousins kids.

I haven't been in Puerto Rico for about 4 or 5 years and I have only met one of them. Incredible! They are all so cute! Here is my Mom, my Sister and my Dad.

This is the picture that really makes me want to be there. I think my sister is trying to make me jealous. Here are all the cousins with my grandfather.

Well, most of the cousins. There are two missing. One is being a Reggeaton star somewhere in the world. The other is writing this blog. :( Maybe I should Photoshop myself there. Here is my grandfather opening my present.

I think he liked it. Not sure.

1 comment:

William F. Renzulli said...

What a beautiful family. I can see why you want to visit. And all the while I thought you were the only beauty.