2/2/08

Letter-A-Day: Letter A

In my never-ending quest to find things to blog about in my uninteresting world, I have decided to take the Thing-A-Day Challenge. This challenges is about making a thing every day, anything, for the month of February. I'm taking it a step further and I'm going to do the Letter-a-Day Challenge. Everyday for the month of February, I am going to make a thing, anything, in alphabetical order. I don't know what I'll do when I run out of letters. Maybe I'll stop since someone already told me that my blog was boring.

I have lived for four years in the Lowertown Arts District. It is great to live among artists but the word "craft" is something you don't mention and don't even think about making it! I have been extra careful because I am a quilter and there is definitely a crafty thing associated with quilting. So there have been all these things that I have wanted to make but haven't dared to for the fear of being labeled a "crafter" (Oh Dear!). But this month I'm saying "What the hey... I'm crafty!". Also, lately I have been burdened with all the stuff I have. For being a artist/quilter for so many years I gotta admit, I don't have that much stuff but I still feel like it is a lot so I am making everything this month without buying anything. I'll use what I have and hopefully reduce my pile of fabric, art supplies, etc.

So yesterday, February 1st, I started my challenge and for the letter A I made an apron.

3 comments:

Patience-please said...

What jealous dork told you your blog was boring?????

They were wrong.

Anonymous said...

I agree with patience...your blog aint boring at all....in fact I love seeing your art stuff. Even the apron is pretty with the colors you've chosen. Good job!

Jamie

Laura K said...

That is so cute! I made an apron for 4-H once. I think I was in 4th grade. Anyway it was SO GOOD, white fabric with a strawberry vine print and I put red ric-rac around the pocket. I was so upset because Libba Cooksey won the ribbon with her plain yellow apron, on which she spelled out her name in those iron on bubble letters.

L I B B A

Iron ons are cheating, I say!

L