5/3/07

Lowertown House Tour

On April 27 and 28 there was a House Tour in Lowertown where people could walk around the neighborhood and go inside some of the houses. I opened my apartment for the house tour. I felt a little silly about it. After all in the tour there were all this huge historical or newly built houses and there I was opening my less-than-800-square-foot apartment. I thought since some of the people visiting where going to be quilters that came to Paducah for the AQS Quilt Show, they may be interested in seeing where I work.
The tour was a success. They sold over 600 tickets. There was a ton of people coming in and out of my apartment. Everyone seemed to like it and they enjoyed the variety of houses opened. I didn't feel so silly afterwards and I even got a mention in the paper with my "art-filled apartment". Here are some pictures I took that day.



The quilt over the bed is the Dogwood quilt that won a blue ribbon. I had a good time but I don't think I'll be doing it again.

No comments: