4/9/06

Crazy April

Sorry I haven't post in a while but April is crazy in Paducah as we get ready for the Quilt Show. I organize the LowerTown Quilt Walk where we get art quilts from all over the country to the LowerTown Arts District to ehibit at the galleries during the month of April. I also just took the job of Regional Representative for Studio Art Quilters Associates for the states of TN and KY and we had our regional meeting yesterday. I formed a group of fiber artists in Paducah and our monthly meeting is tomorrow. The AQS Quilt Show is in two weeks and they are expecting 40,000 people in Paducah. The corner deli/grocery store called Loaf opened yesterday at 10am and they had so many people there that by 2pm they ran out of food at the deli. I am finishing a quilt that is looking really good and I need to finish by May to enter it in an exhibit I am making it for. It is a self-portrait quilt and I'm quilting my auto-biography in the background. I'll put pictures here when it is finished. I'm getting ready to open the gallery soon. Rob's brother is moving to Arizona, his parents are moving to Pennsilvania, his cousin is getting married. We have had two tornado watches. The dogwoods are blooming. See what I mean when I say April is crazy...

During the month of April, I'm famous in Paducah as one of the few quilters here. I get TV interviews, they write stories about me in the paper, they put pictures of my quilts everywhere. Then in May it all goes back to normal. The River is a new magazine in town. They used my quilts in the cover and inside. You can download a copy here:

Get The River April issue

No comments: