2/17/06

Latest Quilts

Lately I've made many quilts but nothing too exciting. Here are some pictures.

There is a movie theater in town that only shows independent art films. Every year they have a fundraiser where they sell tickets to watch the Oscars in the big screen. They also do a sient auction and ask the artist to donate work. This year they asked us to donate movie-related work. I copied the movie poster of Memoirs of a Geisha.

This is another one of my house quilts. This is a historic building downtown that use to be the outdoor market in the old days. Now it is a museum, art gallery and a theater.

This quilt is the side view of the building above. I like this quilt better that the actual building.

This quilt was an experiment. I folded the fabric and dipped it in red and yellow dyes. When I opened it up it formed this design. Later it was quilted, beaded and embroidered. Then I stretched on a canvas and framed it.

No comments: