9/14/05

Eventful Saturday

Every Second Saturday of the month we have a gallery walk in LowerTown and we get pretty busy. During the quiet times, I sew. I was doing some extreme quilting and got the sewing machine needle in my thumb. I went to Lorrie, my gallery partner, that was talking to a customer, and showed her my bloody finger. There was blood dripping al over the gallery floor. She took me to the bathroom and we called Patience, a nurse that lives a block away. On the meantime, Lorrie try to pull it out with teezers but it started to hurt so she stopped. The needle had gone in my thumb, broke in half and the other end came out next to where it had gone in. As soon as Patience saw me she said "You have to go to the ER". We got Rob and he took me to the ER, the Doctor numbed my finger, got x-rays of my finger, and was done in a hour. With the X-rays they saw that there was a little bit of metal still left in my thumb but the doctor said that if it didn't got infected, it wasn't going to be a problem. Then I went back to the gallery and kept sewing until we closed at 9pm. After we closed, I went to see Rob play base with the neighborhood country band at the closing of the second saturday while everyone got me chocolates because I was "injured".

On Monday Rob and I went to St. Louis and did some touristy stuff with Patti and Joel, Rob's Aunt and Uncle. We went to the Arch and at the entrance they had a metal detector that you had to go thru to get in. The thing went off twice and I didn't have any metal. The woman just let me going in without checking me. I felt so safe! I wonder if that little piece of needle is what made the metal dectors go off. Hmmm...

No comments: